Tuesday 1 March 2011

Air tuesday

So since Saturday I haven't done very much, taken two days off doing nothing except watch Stargate SG1. Today I finally started work on the two flyers I bought ages ago for my failed airborne IG army. One being a Vulture the other a vendetta, under the guise of working on my alpha legion army (they need aircraft right?) Now I've stopped flying them around making airplane noises and dakka dakka noises (I'm still a teenager and gorramit I'm not going to stop) I have pictures.


Waiting on magnets to mangnetise the weapons, so the vulture can have interesting load-outs.

Painted parts so far.

For the engines I was looking around and found this website tutorial aircraftresourcecenter bare metal weathering which is very nice, but not extremely detailed and with only burnt umber oil washes, gw washes and promodeller wash I got something to this effect, which isn't half as good, but looks better than just metal (I may get some tamiya clear at some point.) The cockpit is pretty basic, didn't spend a huge amount of time on it because the canopy will cover it and there isn't a huge amount you can do with it.

Both will be getting a weathered desert camo scheme, but first I need to finish the gap filling on the vulture and then its engine.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: